- 21 Jun 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Team Leader position description
- Updated on 21 Jun 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Position Title: Team Leader
Role Purpose & How You Help
The Team Leader helps us continue to change the lives of our friends on the street every day as a member of the volunteer team in your area.
This volunteer role is responsible for leading a shift of volunteers (between 8 & 10) to ensure that the team & their vehicle go out on shift every week to help our friends. You'll be the go-to person for your team & the on-shift service partners (food providers/local community groups) who support us on shift.
Supervision & Reporting
The Team Leaders reports to their Service Leader or Service Coordinator. As Team Leader you are responsible for managing a team of between 8 & 10 General Volunteers.
As a Team Leader, you are responsible for helping ensure that your team of volunteers and friends using our service have an awesome experience every week. Some of the key responsibilities are;
- Providing updates to your team on any changes to services or other important information
- Helping train new volunteers on how to correctly operate the van and equipment
- Maintain the volunteer roster & notify your Service Leader/Service Coordinator if you need more team members
- Sending out a weekly reminder for upcoming rostered volunteers
- Consistently monitor & promote safe work practices
- At all times embrace & promote Orange Sky’s culture of ensuring safe and supportive service environments
How we help you
A comprehensive onboarding & training program will be provided to ensure the volunteer is able to successfully fulfill the role. Volunteers will be required to complete an e-learning training module and yearly refreshers as part of the role.
2-4 flexible hours per week
- Confidence in learning new technologies or platforms (training will be provided)
- Willing to give things a crack